Chiang Mai Cooking Experience (Half Day)
Get familiar with the Thai ingredients and learn the techniques and secrets of Thai cooking. You will be amazed with the delicious Thai food that you can cook for yourself, and it is sure to impress your friends and family once you get home, too. Join the chef to the local market, and shop for herbs, spices and groceries. Head home in the small home garden to cut, slice and fry your way to a delicious meal. The “We Cook” way is laidback and this translates into your cooking. Just keep a smile on your face, touch and taste the ingredients, and leave with a full stomach, and lots of new recipes in mind.
Price from 1,150.00 THB per personBook Now
• Learn to cook Thai food, in a just half a day – impress your friends and family when you are back home
Shared Group Experience: normally has more people in a group and expects to share your experience with others.
|Trip Length:||1 Day(s) 0 Night(s)|
|Tour Departure Dates:||Every day, except Sunday and Tuesday|
All year round
|Included in Price:||
Meals: Your own home cooked dinner*
|Excluded from Price:||
• Personal Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Locations Visited:
- Chiang Mai
- Start City:
- Chiang Mai
- End City:
- Chiang Mai
Learn to cook tasty Thai food in a beautiful home garden setting.
You will be picked from your hotel in Chiang Mai city around 16.00-16.30 for your evening cooking class. It will roughly take place from 16.30 to 21.00.
Start with a trip to the local market to get to know the ingredients, and shop what you need for your dishes.
You can choose to make 6 dishes from 6 different categories:
• Curry Paste (green, red or massaman curry paste)
• Curry (green curry, panang curry, khao soi (Chiang Mai noodles) or massaman curry)
• Soup (tom yam kung (hot and sour shrimp soup), tom kha gai (chicken in coconut milk soup) or Thai noodle soup)
• Appetizer (som tam (papaya salad) or spring rolls)
• Stir Fried (pad thai (fried noodles Thai style) or stir fried cashew nuts with chicken)
• Extra Dishes (sticky rice with mango or banana in coconut milk)
In the home garden you will start cooking one dish at the time. 1 wok for 1 person, so you really get afeeling for the techniques.
Thai food is actually based on a balance between the different flavours; spicy, sour, sweet, salty, and bitter. It goes beyond a single dish, but seeks to balance a full meal of various dishes. This you will get an understanding for during your afternoon, and once you have cooked your way through, you can take seat to test all of the lovely dishes you have yourself prepared.
We guarantee you a fun and joyful time with the Thai cooking, fellow travellers and dedicated chef
Expect to be back at your hotel around 21:00 with a cookbook in hand, and very full stomach.
Check prices, dates and more options:Book now
Why stop your adventure here? Go on and connect your tour with these experiences: